Research Support for the Samueli School of Engineering
Engineering Research Management (ERM)
ERM provides quality assistance to faculty, researchers, and other academic personnel affiliated with the Samueli School of Engineering (SSoE) to obtain (Pre-Award) and manage (Post-Award) sponsored awards that support research, training, and other scholarly activities. ERM ensures timely, accurate, and responsible stewardship of funds by carrying out these administrative activities within UC, UCI, Federal, State, and agency policies, procedures, and regulations.
ERM (Pre-Award) staff assists with the submission of contract and grant (C&G) proposals from all prospective sponsors including but not limited to the Federal Government, Private Foundations, and For-Profit Entities.
ERM (Post-Award) staff monitors and reports on funds received from outside sponsors and internal UCI sources, and provides general guidance on the proper stewardship of those funds.
Proposal Development Support
The Assistant Dean for Engineering Research Management, Lori Greene, Ph.D., proactively supports faculty and researchers to attract extramural funding and facilitates the advancement of the research enterprise in SSoE. In this role, Greene provides the following research proposal development support:
- Coordination of large and complex grant and contract proposal efforts
- Facilitation of partnerships among investigators and connect proposal teams to research resources
- Guidance for the pursuit of new strategic research activities in response to the funding opportunity landscape and new research directions
- Timely notification of strategic funding opportunities
- Communication with funding agencies to gather input and advice on developing proposals for specific programs and centers
- Coordination with campus units to gain key insights on ongoing and future research programs
Faculty Resources & Quick Links
- Contact Us
SSoE Proposal Development Resources
- Useful Boilerplate Text & Checklists
- SSoE Facilities Text and Campus Facilities Links
- Early Career Opportunities