Please use the attached form below for submitting purchase requests to the Henry Samueli School of Engineering Purchasing and Reimbursements Office.
Required Process For How to Place an Order
Electronic Submission (preferred):
- Complete the Samueli School Purchase Request Form. The form is undergoing frequent updates as improvements are suggested and implemented. The up-to-date version can be found at the bottom of this page. We recommend that you bookmark this site.
- If the order is needed by a certain date or special handing is required, please note this clearly on the order and call or stop by the Purchasing Office to follow up.
- Due to the required email subject naming structure and distribution of vendors across multiple buyers, please submit only one order per email. Multiple orders should be emailed individually with each vendor in the subject as in the example below. This will ensure the most efficient handling of orders by the purchasing department and allows for better filing of orders should follow-up be requested.
- E-mail completed form to PI/Authorized designate (or Department Manager for department funds) to obtain approval.
- The PI/Authorized designate will forward the e-mail with attachment as follows:
- cc: TEC Analyst (to initiate the approval process if order is over $1000, or funds are running low or nearing the project end date.)
- Subject: PO-Vendor Name-PI Last Name (or Dept Name for Dept Funds)
For Rush Orders…Subject: RUSH PO-Vendor Name-PI Last Name
- For time-sensitive orders or orders that require special handling, note this clearly on the order. We also recommend that the requester visit or call a buyer in the Purchasing & Reimbursements Office to discuss the details of the purchase.
- The person listed as the "requester" on the order form will receive an order confirmation from the Buyer, which will include an internal tracking number to help with status updates and delivery routing.
The completed purchase request form with the approver's signature can be submitted via the "Purchasing & Reimbursement Requests" wire tray, located in the department office or mailroom. These will be picked up daily and delivered to the Purchasing/Reimbursements Office, 5200 Engineering Hall. Mail that needs to be submitted to your analyst in the TEC should be placed in a separate envelope addressed to your analyst in the TEC.
To discuss special orders, or to inquire about the status of your order, please contact the buyer assigned to your vendor (assignments are by first letter of the vendor name).
|A - E, Q, U, and W:||Thanh Nguyen x1862
|F - I, P, and remaining S, and X:||Colleen McCune x1936
|K - O, R, remaining T, V, and Z:||Courtney Hemenway x4471
|J, Y, and these vendors: KR Anderson, Lonza, Nano Composix, Sparkfun, Thorlabs, Ted Pella:||Regina Bolotin x1332