Reimbursements submittals email-

To request reimbursement, please complete and sign one of the reimbursement forms attached at the end of this page.

The Samueli School Purchasing/Reimbursements Office handles the following types of reimbursements or payments:

  1. Travel
  2. Business Meetings & Entertainment
  3. Miscellaneous Expense

Forms for requesting reimbursement for each type of expense can be found below.

Helpful Hints:

  • Miscellaneous Expenses: Requirements for supplies or goods should be submitted to an authorized buyer in the Purchasing and Reimbursements Office by submitting a Purchase Request Form. An employee who buys goods without proper authority is making an unauthorized purchase. However, we do understand emergency purchases are needed, for example, a printer ran out of toner on Tuesday night and handouts are needed for Wednesday morning and no one is available with a PALCard, so user purchases toner at the store and pays out of pocket. In these types of cases, the user must be fill out a Miscellaneous expense form. Please note the user needs to fill out the payee certification section of the form which certifies the items should have been submitted to an authorized buyer and purchased by PAL Card or Purchase Order.
  • Other notes: small purchases can be reimbursed (<$500 including tax, shipping, etc.), subject to some restrictions.
  • Determine the recommended method when purchasing equipment, supplies, and services.
  • Following are a summary of guidelines as outlined in 707-10, section G: Reimbursement for Unauthorized Purchases
    • Goods must be an allowable item according to purchasing policy.
    • Less than or equal to $500 receives approval through departmental workflow in KFS.
    • Greater than $500 requires approval from Director or Assistant Director of Purchasing and Risk Services.
    • Employee can be held responsible for the difference from what was paid vs. what the University would reasonably have paid.
  • Purchases of gifts or awards that require exceptional approval must be paid on either a Corporate Card or with personal funds, which are then reimbursed. The Miscellaneous Expense form can be used to obtain reimbursement for non-food/beverage items such as supplies, subscriptions, honoraria, books, materials, etc.
  • Scan small receipts.
  • Be sure to omit personal and sensitive information such as personal addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, bank account numbers and credit card numbers from all receipts.
  • Link to a Reference Guide to identify the supporting documents (receipts, invoices, and proof of payment) needed for reimbursements and disbursement vouchers:

For questions about reimbursements or to check the status of your reimbursement, please contact the Purchasing & Reimbursements Office via email at