Part-time/full-time work may be negotiated after the internship has concluded
About American Rail Engineers
American Rail Engineers (ARE) provides rail design, bridge design, bridge management and safety services to public transportation authorities and private railroads including:
- Rail Design and Civil Works
- Bridge Design (repairs, upgrades and replacement)
- Bridge Inspections and Load Ratings
- Bridge Management Program Preparation, Updates and Coordination with FRA (Federal Railroad Administration)
- Repair Recommendations
- Repair Plans for Bidding Purposes
- Onsite Construction Management
** ARE participated as a client consultant for the University of California, Irvine 2015 Civil Engineering Senior Design Project.
The selected applicant will perform routine engineering support duties under the direct supervision of Design Engineers. More specifically, they will assist with bridge inventory, bridge inspection reports and bridge ratings. The applicant will be exposed to common bridge terminology, shop drawing reviews, technical writing, bridge load rating analysis and AREMA standards.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Majoring in Civil Engineering.
- Education Level:
- Undergraduate Students (Sophomores – Seniors)
- Graduate Students (All Years)
- Recent Graduates
Preferred Job Qualifications
- EIT Certificate
- Previous internship experience
Please forward your resume and a cover letter to Sandra Martin at email@example.com with the job position and your name as the subject of the email.