Merit Based Scholarships
Below is a list of merit-based scholarships available for undergraduate students.
Haggai Memorial Endowed Scholarship ($1,000)
Memorial fund in honor of Ted Haggai, an electrical engineer.
- Scholarship for outstanding undergraduate electrical engineers. The award committee will give primary consideration to Tau Beta Pi members who have contributed outstanding service to both UCI and the School of Engineering.
- All applicants should be currently enrolled in their junior year at UC Irvine and be planning to complete their Bachelor of Science degree at UCI.
Gregory A. Bogaczyk Memorial Scholarship ($1,000)
Scholarship established in memory of Gregory Bogaczyk, a former UCI Mechanical Engineering student, and is contributed by the Bogaczyk family and friends.
- Junior or Senior in Mechanical Engineering
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Not be eligible for significant financial aid
Deborah and Peter Pardoen Memorial Endowed Scholarship ($750)
Award established by Professor Gerard Pardoen in honor of his brother and sister-in- law, Peter and Deborah Pardoen.
- Mechanical and/or Aerospace Engineering student with good standing who has excelled particularly in their contribution to fellow student, school and community.
Henry Samueli Endowed Scholarship
This premiere scholarship, established by Henry Samueli, is awarded to outstanding freshmen and transfer students in The Henry Samueli School of Engineering. Recipients are chosen by the school based on their academic excellence. The $7,500 award is renewable up to four years for freshmen, and up to two years for transfer students.