In addition to the continuous funding options on the Graduate Financial Support page, the Graduate Student Affairs Office often receives announcements for other University or outside fellowship opportunities. Please refer back to this website often, as new fellowships will be listed regularly.
The Graduate Resource Center (located on the 3rd floor of the Gateway Study Center) holds funding workshop series that include information on how to apply for the National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) and to other training grants. The GRC also offers writing consultants to assist with proofreading of papers and grants throughout the year.
Current Listings (scroll down for details)
NATIONAL FELLOWSHIP INCENTIVE PROGRAM
This $250 award is open to all Engineering graduate students with a GPA of 3.60 or higher who submit a national fellowship application between summer 2016 and spring 2017. Students must apply for the incentive funds during the same quarter that they apply for the fellowship. For a partial list of external fellowships, please visit: http://www.eng.uci.edu/current/graduate/financial-support/external-fellowships. Applications for the National Fellowship Incentive Program are accepted on a quarterly basis until funds are exhausted. Prior awardees may re-apply to receive a smaller award of $150. The Winter 2017 deadline is March 17, 2017.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1) A completed National Fellowship Incentive Program Application Form with all signatures
2) A copy of the fellowship application materials (i.e., proposals, statements, etc.)
3) Confirmation of submission (i.e., an email from the fellowship organization confirming receipt of your application)
Please note that students MUST consult with the GRC Writing Consultant prior to submitting their fellowship applications in order to qualify for this program. For more information, please visit http://www.grad.uci.edu/services/grc/ or call 949-824-3849.
Send completed applications as a single .pdf to Connie Cheng at email@example.com.
2017-18 NEWKIRK GRADUATE STUDENT FELLOWSHIP AWARDS - Deadline June 2, 2017
Through a generous gift of Martha and Jim Newkirk, The UCI Newkirk Center for Science and Society is now soliciting applications from UCI graduate students from all disciplines for graduate student fellowships. We will be accepting fellowship applications in two categories:
- Projects that engage the community with scientific knowledge and research. The most successful proposals will be those in which the community is engaged as a partner in, rather than a recipient of, scientific knowledge production.
- Projects that analyze the production of scientific knowledge and/or technological artifacts and systems. The notions of "scientific knowledge" and "technological artifacts and systems" may be construed broadly (including medicine), and the analysis may be undertaken from any disciplinary perspective.
Awards are up to $10,000 and can be used for tuition, fees, and/or research support. Preference will be given to proposals that are in line with addressing scientific research issues that benefit society.
For more information about the award and for application instructions, see our website at http://newkirkcenter.uci.edu/students/apply-for-newkirk-fellow-award/. Questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.