In addition to the continuous funding options on the Graduate Financial Support page, the Graduate Student Affairs Office often receives announcements for other University or outside fellowship opportunities. Please refer back to this website often, as new fellowships will be listed regularly.
The Graduate Resource Center (located on the 3rd floor of the Gateway Study Center) holds funding workshop series that include information on how to apply for the National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) and to other training grants. The GRC also offers writing consultants to assist with proofreading of papers and grants throughout the year.
Current Listings (scroll down for details)
UC PRESIDENTIAL FELLOWSHIP FOR UNDOCUMENTED GRADUATE STUDENTS - March 3, 2017 at 12pm
The Graduate Division is pleased to announce a new fellowship for undocumented graduate students. This fellowship is intended to fill a critical gap in graduate and professional student support.
For the purposes of this fellowship, eligible students will include undocumented students who qualify for DACA, AB540, or neither of these programs. Priority for funding will be given to those who are not eligible for other sources of support.
Eligible graduate students, including professional school students, are invited to apply for this fellowship. Up to four $5,000 need-based fellowships will be awarded for the period of April 2017 through June 2017.
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be an enrolled, undocumented UCI graduate student in good academic standing. For the purposes of this fellowship, eligible students will include undocumented students who qualify for DACA, AB540, or neither of these programs. Priority for funding will be given to those who are not eligible for other sources of support.
- Demonstrate financial need.
Applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Demonstration of financial need
- Academic achievements and promise
- Application packages should include the following:
- A completed Application Form
- Note: A letter of recommendation from a faculty member may be provided, but is completely optional.
Deadline for Submission
Applications must be received by the Graduate Division no later than Friday, March 3rd, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). Please send a PDF of your application materials to Kate Triglia, Assistant Director of Academic Affairs, at email@example.com. Questions about this fellowship program may be directed to Kate via e-mail or by calling x4-9031.
NATIONAL FELLOWSHIP INCENTIVE PROGRAM
- Fall 2016 - December 2, 2016
- Winter 2017 - March 17, 2017
- Spring 2017 - June 9, 2017
This $250 award is open to all Engineering graduate students with a GPA of 3.60 or higher who submit a national fellowship application between summer 2016 and spring 2017. Students must apply for the incentive funds during the same quarter that they apply for the fellowship. For a partial list of external fellowships, please visit: http://www.eng.uci.edu/current/graduate/financial-support/external-fellowships. Applications for the National Fellowship Incentive Program are accepted on a quarterly basis until funds are exhausted. Prior awardees may re-apply to receive a smaller award of $150. The Winter 2017 deadline is March 17, 2017.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1) A completed National Fellowship Incentive Program Application Form with all signatures
2) A copy of the fellowship application materials (i.e., proposals, statements, etc.)
3) Confirmation of submission (i.e., an email from the fellowship organization confirming receipt of your application)
Please note that students MUST consult with the GRC Writing Consultant prior to submitting their fellowship applications in order to qualify for this program. For more information, please visit http://www.grad.uci.edu/services/grc/ or call 949-824-3849.
Send completed applications as a single .pdf to Connie Cheng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016-17 GRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCH AND TRAVEL GRANT
The Graduate Student Affairs Office is pleased to announce that the Graduate Division has provided the Henry Samueli School of Engineering limited funding for 2016-17 Graduate Student Research and Travel Grant awards. These funds are to be used for travel and scholarly activities for continuing graduate students. Travel must be completed and receipts submitted by June 15, 2017.
The deadline for applications is March 17, 2017 by 4pm. There will be no exceptions to this deadline. Each applicant is eligible to apply for up to $400.00 in School Travel Funds. All School Awarded Funds must be matched equally by faculty/department funds.
The criteria are as follows:
1) Travel must take place between July 1, 2016 and June 15, 2017.
2) The awardee must present at a conference in some capacity.
3) The awardee must be within the normative time to degree time limits.
4) A strong preference will be given to high quality conferences in the student’s given field. (Student’s advisor should make a statement on conference quality in the letter of recommendation).
5) Preference may be given to Ph.D. students who have advanced to candidacy by the end of the Summer 2016 term.
6) Students who have previously received the research and travel grant award are ineligible to apply.
To apply, students must:
1. Submit the Graduate Student Research and Travel Grant Application.
2. Attach the following materials to the application and submit it as a single .pdf to Connie Cheng at email@example.com by the above deadline:
- A letter from your faculty advisor that: 1) Supports your request for travel funds and 2) Verifies that matching funds are available 3) Describes the prestige or quality of the conference in your field
- An itemized budget for the total travel funds requested. Do NOT submit receipts at this time.
- A copy of the conference paper, abstract or poster (in 8 1/2" x 11" format) [if one was submitted]
- A current CV/Resume