Academic Planning & Resources
The Samueli School of Engineering offers undergraduate degrees in a wide range of traditional and emerging fields. All engineering programs combine science, engineering fundamentals, design principles and application, and a culminating design experience. Students are encouraged to participate in research and hands-on engineering design opportunities to develop the practical skills needed for graduate study or employment. The school currently offers 12 majors and two minors.
The first year of study for each engineering major is similar, designed to allow exploration of the foundations of engineering and selection of a program that best fits each student's individual interests. Students can apply to change through the My Admissions website prior to June 1 or at the end of their first year. Undecided students can enroll in a freshman seminar course titled "Engr 1: Introduction to Engineering," which provides an introduction to each of the engineering disciplines. Students maintaining a 3.0 GPA can choose to pursue more than one major — including majors offered outside of engineering.
Majors and Minors Offered:
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering: Premedical
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering
- Offered jointly with the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Materials Science Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Undergraduate Student Affairs
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. PST
The office closes between noon and 1 p.m. for lunch.
Phone: (949) 824-4334
Fax: (949) 824-3440