Department of Materials Science and Engineering
The department offers an accredited degree program in materials science and engineering and a minor in materials science and engineering. Students can double major or structure coursework to satisfy medical school entrance requirements.
Nearly all engineering courses are taught by faculty who are active in research. Students can participate in laboratory or field research, and many are active in professional society student chapters and clubs, including the Materials Science and Engineering Club (MatSci) and the UCI student chapter of the American Nuclear Society. Our goal is to graduate students who are prepared for a career as practicing engineers or for continuing their education in graduate school at a research university.
Materials Science and Engineering Program
- Degrees Offered
- Mission, Program Educational Objectives, and Student Outcomes
- Study Plan and Prerequisite Chart
- Fall 2019 Undergraduate Enrollment – 101
- 2018-2019 B.S. Degrees Awarded – 37
- Minor in Materials Science and Engineering