The intellectual and technological resources of the Samueli School catalyze and enable large-scale, multidisciplinary partnerships across the UC Irvine campus, including the School of Medicine, School of Physical Sciences, School of Biological Sciences, College of Health Sciences, the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences and The Paul Merage School of Business, toward solutions for some of society’s most pressing challenges.
Initiatives such as neuro-rehabilitation, cancer treatment, alternative energy sources, intelligent transportation, water resources and advanced manufacturing are blossoming into highly visible projects that propel UC Irvine and the Samueli School to the forefront of innovation.
The Samueli School’s collaborations also extend outside UC Irvine to universities in the U.S. and abroad. The Balsells Fellowship Program and the Catalonia-California Engineering Innovation Program, a partnership with the University of Catalunya, Spain, has had tremendous success in bringing highly qualified students to our graduate programs for the last 15 years. Additionally, collaboration between UC Irvine and the University of Melbourne, Australia, is catalyzing water sustainability research for urban centers in arid regions.
Affiliated Research Centers:
- Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic
- California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology (Calit2)
- Center for Complex Biological Systems
- Center for Hearing Research
- Center for Solar Energy
- Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Developmental Biology Center
- Gavin Herbert Eye Institute
- Institute for Clinical and Translational Science
- RapidTech, National Center for Rapid Technologies
- Sue and Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Center
- UC Irvine Environment Institute