Electronic/Mech/Biomed; Software Engineer
Summer Intern (Unpaid)
The candidate will work with an interdisciplinary team to develop a Portable Pathogen Analysis System (PPAS). The project is supported by Bill & Malinda Gates Foundation and is a joint effort between Caltech (Prof. Michael Hoffmann’s group) and UCI (Prof. Sunny Jiang’s group & Prof. Marc Madou’s group). The position will focus on hardware/software design and optimization.
- Highly self-motivated with good time management skills
- Previous electronic devices design experience
- Familiar with Raspberry Pi, Arduino development
- Android, iOS apps development experience
- Basic knowledge on thermal cycler for polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
The intern position is unpaid for the summer (July-September 2017). But competitive interns may have a chance to keep working on the project and get financial support for the coming quart.
If interested in the intern opportunity please contact: