Frequently Asked Questions

Does the EECS Department offer the Computer Science Degree?

The EECS Department does not offer the Computer Science degree. It is offered by the Computer Science Department in the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences. For more information regarding the Computer Science degree, please contact Bren School Student Affairs at (949) 824-5156 or by email:

The EECS department offers the following degrees:


Does the EECS Department hold mandatory faculty advising for Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) major students?

The Engineering School’s Undergraduate Student Affairs Office holds mandatory faculty advising sessions for CSE major students. For information please contact the Engineering School Student Affairs Office (SAO) at (949) 824-4334 or by email:

The EECS Department holds mandatory faculty advising sessions for Electrical Engineering (EE) and Computer Engineering (CpE) major students.


I graduated last June and still didn’t receive my UCI diploma. How can I check on its status?

UCI Diplomas are typically available four months after the end of the quarter in which the student graduated. Degrees are posted on official transcripts approximately six to seven weeks after the end of the quarter in which they are awarded. The degree award date is the last day of the graduating term, or for Summer Session, the last day of Summer Session II. Please visit the Registrar Office site at where you will find more information regarding UCI diplomas.