Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
How to Join
Benefits of Membership
Benefits include the creation of numerous opportunities for members in the following areas:
- Recognition of strong corporate or agency commitment to engineering education
- affiliation with Orange County's only major research university
- maintenance of strong industry/university relations
- distinction of "making a difference" in the development of Civil and Environmental Engineering at UCI
- affiliate quarterly seminars, Steering committee meetings, and social functions
- technical interaction and collaboration
- Student recruitment
- early contact with top students
- student internship program
- inform breakfast or lunch meetings with undergraduate and graduate students
- resume books of graduation seniors and graduate students, prospective undergraduate interns, and part-time and summer student employees
- Staff education
- department research seminars
- department of MS theses and PhD dissertations
- department research reports
- Professional development
- affiliate quarterly seminars
- steering Committee Subcommittees: Programs, Curriculum & Laboratory, Membership, Finance, Student Affairs, Department Development.
- Student support and education
- guidance to student projects
- guest speaking in classes and at students society meetings
- student scholarships
- gift for acquiring and modernizing equipment and laboratory faculties
- equipment donation and in-kind support
- unrestricted gifts for CEE program enhancements
Members pay annual dues. Members dues are used to support laboratory and equipment needs, other program enhancements in the Department (e.g., support of ASCE, ITE, and Chi Epsilon student chapters), student scholarships, and CEE Affiliate meetings and functions.
To join, please download and complete the Membership Application and follow the mailing instructions on the form.
To renewal membership, please download and complete the Membership Renewal Form and follow the mailing instructions on the form.