Project Scientist - Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
The UC Irvine Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science has an opening for a Project Scientist to manage the scientific progress of research projects. The project scientist is expected to utilize a detailed knowledge of scientific theory and applications, and apply this knowledge towards the development of scientific experiments to test hypotheses in an effort to solve complex research problems. Salary is $79,100 – $91,600 per year based on qualifications and experience.
• Minimum Required: Two years of scientific research experience past a graduate degree in science or medicine
• Preferred/Desired: Five or more years of scientific research
• Minimum Required: Ph.D. in medical, biological sciences or related field
- Training Desired/Preferred: Research experience in a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) environment
• Minimum Required: Excellent oral and written communication skills as demonstrated in publications in peer-reviewed journals; demonstrated ability to procure NIH funding in support of proposals.
- Designs, develops and implements scientifically sound research projects to advance knowledge of pediatric disease 1.1 May serve as Principal Investigator on at least one scientific project while contributing to the scientific progress of other projects in the laboratory. 1.2 Ensures accurate, reproducible, unbiased data collection and data reporting in accordance with the highest scientific and ethical standards. 1.3 Partners effectively with other researchers. 1.4 Actively contributes to the submission of manuscripts to peer-reviewed journals demonstrated by authorship on at least two peer-review publications submitted for peer review annually. 1.5 Actively participates in the development and writing of proposals submitted for peer reviewed funding.
- Actively promotes a culture of laboratory quality, safety and mutual respect. 2.1 Actively participates in safety training, quality improvement efforts, scheduled department and laboratory meetings. 2.2 Partners with leadership to promote an environment of open communication and trust that supports continuous, measurable improvement. 2.3 Complies with research and laboratory policies and procedures, using all equipment and reagents in accordance with MSDS or manufacturer safety recommendations.
Application Procedure: Apply by submitting your application to our online RECRUIT system at (https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF06023)
Information about the department is available at: http://engineering.uci.edu/dept/eecs
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.