Junior Specialist - Lavernia Group
The UC Irvine Department of Materials Science and Engineering in the Samueli School of Engineering is currently accepting applications for one junior specialist to join the group of Distinguished Professor Enrique J. Lavernia. The successful candidate will work with Lavernia and his group to understand the applied external field on additive manufacturing processes, analyze data and prepare manuscripts for submission to scholarly journals, and assist in the write up of the progress report on research results.
- Strong background in advanced materials processing and characterization
- Experience in research on external field (i.e., magnetic) and its influence on materials processing and microstructural evolution
- Experience in laser metal additive manufacturing highly desirable
- M.S and/or Ph.D. in materials science and engineering
- Ability to multitask- Manages multiple tasks and projects at one time
- Communication skills - Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms.
- Organizational ability - Well-versed in data management. Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills - Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Translates problems into practical solutions
- Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions
- Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized medical software, as well as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics
Job location: Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Outlining your interests and relevant skills and experience
References: Three references required (contact information only)
Apply by submitting your application to our online RECRUIT system at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF05765
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.