Mexico Graduate Research and Education Program (MGREP)
In 2016, UC Irvine’s Schools of Engineering, Information & Computer Sciences and Physical Sciences launched the Mexico Graduate Research & Education Program (MGREP) as a dedicated UCI-Mexico science and technology platform.
Having completed the program’s successful first year of partnering with Mexico’s academic and research institutions, we take pride in being the first University of California campus to focus on addressing science and technology issues of binational concern. We are committed to sustaining the socioeconomic advancement of the U.S.-Mexico region through collaboration and integration of mutual knowledge.
The program seeks to attract the best and most diverse talent in Mexico’s educational institutions to build a strong, sustained collaboration while enabling an enthusiastic exchange of knowledge and enriching cross-cultural scientific inclusion.
By upholding academic and research collaborations consistent with its values, MGREP continues to:
- Facilitate scientific exchange to best understand the needs of the U.S.-Mexico region for sustained technological and economic advancement
- Boost transfer of knowledge and innovation across borders
- Develop collaborative, tangible U.S.-Mexico faculty partnerships and research funding
- Encourage Mexico’s graduate students and postdoctoral scholars to explore research ventures at UCI
- Drive entrepreneurial confidence by ensuring graduates have the knowledge, skills and experience to engineer the best solutions for the complexities of our present and future regional economic progress
MGREP looks forward to engaging innovative, progressive partners and welcomes teamwork that shares our vision and level of commitment. We hope you’ll join us.