The department has several sources of financial support for highly qualified students. These include fellowships, research assistantships and teaching assistantships. In addition, a large number of external competitive fellowships/awards are available for students meeting the criteria of the sponsoring organization.
Sources of departmental support include:
- Block Fellowships: typically given to first-year students
- Teaching Assistantships: candidates must meet the campus language requirement
- Research Assistantships: provided by individual faculty to students in their research group
- Medhat Haroun Engineering Fellowship: for Ph.D. students with an emphasis in Structural/Geotechnical Engineering
- Ballsells Fellowship: associated with the California-Catalonia Engineering Programs
- Additional Opportunities