Postdoctoral Scholar - Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
The UC Irvine Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science has an opening for an exceptional, motivated, outstanding and organized applicant to work on cutting edge and multidisciplinary projects within collaborative teams of engineers and biologists at a salary of $50,760.00 - 61,308.00 per year based on qualifications and experience.
The projects are in the area of point-of-care, portable/wearable sensing devices (for detection of different bio particles such as proteins and cells), microfluidics, microelectronics and microbiology.
• Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, bioengineering, material science, mechanical engineering, instrumentation, biological sciences or any other related field of study.
• Experience in a few of the following areas: Organ-on-chips, bioprinting, micro/nanofabrication, microfluidics, micro/nano biosensing, N/MEMS, analytical chemistry or microbiology.
• Wet lab hands-on lab experience.
• Proficiency and experience in academic writing.
• A track record of high-quality publications in their field of research.
• Highly motivated, positive, detail-oriented and responsible.
• High level of organization.
• Ability to work independently.
The postdoc in this position will work as part of a team/independently to conduct research. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plan and conduct research as needed.
• Pursue research goals with routine consultation.
• Set up major equipment as needed.
• Prepare professional weekly presentations, monthly reports and final publications.
• Engage in collaborative work with peers to achieve research objectives.
• Assist with grant applications as needed.
• Coordinate activities with other members of the lab and with other collaborators.
• Help students as needed.
The initial appointment will be for 12 months and salary depends on the applicant’s qualifications. Renewal of the appointment will be contingent upon the availability of adequate funding and performance.
Application Procedure: Apply by submitting your application to our online RECRUIT system at (https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05240)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Information about the department available at: http://engineering.uci.edu/dept/eecs